We have tried to answer the most common questions we receive below, however please feel free to contact us for further information.

What sort of program do you offer? We offer play based learning and incorporate the Victorian Early Learning and Development Framework in our planning.

How big are your class sizes? Our 3 year old and 4 year old groups have a maximum class size of 28 children 

How do I enrol? Please see our Enrolment page for information to assist you in this process.

How much does kindergarten Cost?  Fees are set by the Committee of Management in the year prior to enrolment. Current Fee information can be found on our Fees page.

Is my child ready for kindergarten? Please see our "Is my child ready" resources page for information to assist you in making this decision.

Do you offer a transition program for the 4 year old kindergarten groups? For the first few weeks of term 1 we will not be offering a full 15 hour program. A transition program is offered during this time to ensure a smooth transition for the children into the kindergarten setting. This enables both staff and children to become accustomed to each other and the children to their new surroundings.

How can parents be involved at kindergarten? Parent involvement is encouraged and valued at Lipscombe Park Kindergarten. Parents can help with kindergarten duty, library borrowing, reading stories, helping with activities, or joining the Committee of Management. You will need to provide a Working with Children Check and comply with current Public Health Orders pertaining to all Early Learning Centres.

Are there in service events or excursions at kindergarten? In each term throughout the year there will be several in service events at kindergarten as well as excursions for our 4 year old groups.  Please have a look at our activities calendar to see the type of activities that are happening at kindergarten each term.

Does the kindergarten have a uniform?   We encourage parents to purchase new or second-hand uniforms for your child to wear while attending kindergarten.  The uniform consists of windcheaters, hoodies and t-shirts.   The uniform is not compulsory but does save wear and tear on your child's clothes.  Uniform orders are placed with the supplier twice a year, after the AGM & Parent Information Night and in term 1 - please click here for a copy of our order form.  Second hand uniforms are also available for a gold coin donation - availability of sizes and colours for second hand uniforms are limited based on donated items from kindergarten families.

What does my child need to take to Kindergarten?   Please see our useful information page for a list of what to pack in your child's kindergarten bag.  We have also provided a list of healthy snack ideas here for you to download here

Which schools do most of the children at Lipscombe Park Kindergarten go to? Croydon Hills Primary School and Good Shepherd Lutheran Primary School are the main feeder schools with some children also attending Yarra Road, Kalinda, Warranwood, Holy Spirit, Sacred Heart and Ainslie Parklands Primary School.

Do families on pensioner/health care cards get a discount?  Families enrolled in the funded 3-year-old and 4-year-old programs with a concession card pay no parent fees.

Do I need a working with children's check? According to the new rules,  as at 1 August 2017, all parents helping at kindergarten will need a ‘Working with Children Check” Our 4 year old groups have a farm excursion and parents wanting to assist with the farm excursion are required to have one. The Working with Children Check is free for volunteers.

Lipscombe Park Kindergarten complies with the Victorian No Jab, No Play Policy. What does this mean for our families?

The Victorian Government has amended the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.

All parents/guardians planning to enrol their child at childcare or kindergarten in Victoria must provide the service with evidence that their child is:

  • fully immunised for their age OR
  • on a vaccination catch-up program OR
  • unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.

For more information visit the Victorian Better Health website 

‘Conscientious objection’ to vaccination is not an exemption.

How do I provide evidence of my child's immunisation status?

A copy of your child's immunisation record can be obtained via the Australian Immunisation Record (AIR) by visiting and accessing your MyGov account.  If you do not have a MyGov account that is linked to medicare you can request a copy of your child's immunisation record by emailing

The below image shows an example of an immunisation record