Enrolment in our kindergarten
Thank-you for your interest – we are thrilled you are considering Lipscombe Park Kindergarten for your child or children.
Lipscombe Park Kindergarten is a not-for-profit incorporated association operating a community-based Three and Four Year Old sessional Kindergarten program. Enrolments for our three and four year old groups are centralised through the Maroondah Integrated Kindergarten Association
The Maroondah Integrated Kindergarten Association (MIKA) maintains a central enrolment system and allocates places according to parents’ preferences and locality to their chosen Kindergarten. 20 community-based and one private kindergarten use the MIKA Central Enrolment System.
Applications should be made to MIKA between 1 March and 30 June the year before the child is eligible to attend Kindergarten.
|Child’s Birthdate||Eligible Year|
|1 May 2014 – 30 April 2015||2018|
|1 May 2015 – 30 April 2016||2019|
|1 May 2016 – 30 April 2017||2020|
Enrolment Timelines: (Approximate)
- March – June – Submit Enrolment form to MIKA with fee
- August – Offers of Places posted to parents by MIKA
- August – Acceptances due back direct to LPK with deposit
- September – Group Preferences and other information posted to parents – to be returned by the date on letter.
Further details and application forms can be found at MIKA’s website or call MIKA’s Central Enrolment Officer on 0449 997 488 during school terms
We also encourage you to come to our Open Day held on Saturday 19th May 2018 to find out more about our wonderful Kindergarten.
The Victorian Government recently amended the Public Health & Wellbeing Act 2008. These amendments mean that the early childhood education and care serices cannot confirm your enrolment without the following;
- Proof that your child is fully vaccinated OR
- Proof that our child is on a recognised catchup schedule if your child has fallen behind with vaccinations OR
- Proof that your child has a medical reason not to be vaccinated
Conscientious objection will not be an exemption. For more information visit the Victorian Better Health website https://www.betterhealh.vic.gov.au/campaign/no-jab-no-play